Hello my Jujube’s!
Just for a quick update, I will probably post Sundays and Wednesdays/Thursdays so I have a schedule to work on! (: Big post today, let’s get started.
1. Rachels Challenge:
Today at school, we had an assembly about Rachel Joy Scott, a victim of the Columbine Massacre. If you didn’t know, the Columbine Massacre took place in 1999 at Columbine Highschool, where two students killed 12 fellow students and a teacher. The two students set bombs in the cafeteria, threw grenades, and shot innocent students to death. Rachel was one of the first victims, and was brutally shot numerous times before the students were sure she was dead. However, this assembly was not about how she died. It was about what she did while she was alive. Rachel believed that “if you go out of your way to be nice to people, then it will start a chain reaction of kindness”. She was always nice to people, even if they rejected her kindness and her compassion. This one girl affected everyone around her and she always brought out the best in people. At the assembly, they gave us five challenges:
- Eliminate Prejudice
- Dare to Dream
- Choose your Influences
- Use Kind Words
- Start a Chain Reaction
I accept Rachel’s Challenge, and I hope you all do too.
2. Hair Tips that will Make you Gasp!
1. Thumbs up!: To check if you hair is dry or not, just your thumb nail to drag against a hair and if it curls drastically, you’re all good! It it doesn’t, invest in a deep conditioning treatment to nourish your ends!
2. Drink your milk: Calcium helps make your hair grows faster, and will make it healthy and shiny as well
3. Stop at 3: Don’t wash your hair more that three times a week; this will strip the hair with natural oils that help with shine
4. Chop Chop!: Trim your hair every 6 weeks if you use heat on your hair daily, and every 10 weeks if you don’t use heat at all.
3. Sparkle City
To all the sparkle girls out there, here are some things that can make your days glimmer!
1. Glitter Liner: Using a gold or champagne glitter on the upper lash line will add a pop of sparkle and be very unexpected but fun! (NYX and Urban Decay have great ones!)
2. Glitter Polish: Glitter polish can spice up boring nail colors or be worn alone for a striking, in your face affect. (Deborah Lippmann, Nails Inc, China Glaze, and OPI have amazing glitter. )
3. Glitter Lipgloss: Glitter on the lips just adds a beautiful sparkle and healthy, plump look to the lips. (MAC, Bobbi Brown, and E.L.F. have great ones)
4. Glitter Polish… Jewelry?: Glitter Kitty on Etsy has beautiful nail polish jewelry, you should all check them out!
4. Items of Interest
1. MUFE Wild and Chic Collector Case: Oh.my.gawd. This kit has everything I could ever want…but it’s $330 bucks, so…
2. Tarte the Starlet Makeup Vanity: First off, I must complement Tarte on the packaging…come one, it’s so freaking cute. Also, it has all their best sellers, and for $52, I might splurge.
3. Butter London Wallis: It’s such a pretty green with gold shimmer, and its very unique, but is it really worth the $14?
5. Note-worthy blogs:
Trust and honesty is and investment you put in people
~Rachel Joy Scott